September 25, 2008

Hawk Haircut

The day finally came! While Z still doesn't have a lot of hair on the sides or back, the hawk was becoming more and more like a bad comb over. It was time for his first hair cut! I don't, I repeat, I don't cut hair, but I did watch my sister Heather trim Elias with Albert's buzzer. So figured Albert and I could manage to take and inch or so off the top, right?!

First we let Zack check out the buzzer and get used to the noise it makes. He had a great time turning it off and on, again and again.
I was admittedly a little scared of butchering his hair, so I made Albert do the actual trimming. After all it was his trimmer. Dad took a swipe at the front of the hawk, just taking off about a half inch.


I think Zack was a little worried that we were gonna cut off his chic magnat, but we went slow and only trimmed a little off the top and cut the little duck tail off the back.

Here he is, Elvis/Billy Idol lip and all, combing his new hair do!

No comments: