October 22, 2008

Finger Painting

I am always trying to think of new things for Zack to experience. When I am at a loss, I check with the kiddos that are going to preschool. A few parents mentioned that they had used finger paints at school already. I thought it might be little early for Zack, since he ate chalk this past summer. But he is 16 months now, and might be ready to really enjoy it.

So last weekend we broke out the paints and let Zack try out his painting skills. Well, at first he didn't understand that is was OK to get your fingers all messy so I gave him a little brush. Once we showed him how to do it, he liked the mess. Right up until he put his finger in his mouth.

He was exteremly unhappy with the taste, and before I could finish wiping his tongue, he rubbed a finger in his eye. A huge mess and a lot of crying followed. I don't have any pictures of the paint in eye since I was trying to make sure he wasn't going to be blinded. (Mostly kidding, paints are safe for eyes, just require washing with water.)

After the bath he was much happier and it will be at least a month or so before we try painting again! This was later that night, happy and snug as a bug!

No comments: