December 1, 2007

Zack's first UCLA vs. USC football game

UCLA and USC have had a cross town rivalry since 1929 because of the geographical proximity and conference affiliation. UCLA and USC basketball and football tend to get the most attention, the rivalry between the two schools is intense in every sport.

Traci and I started ours in 1994, when we meet during management training at Lady Foot Locker...I am for UCLA of course, and we have been betting on the football game for over 12 years. In our single days, it was a night out of dinner and drinkin', on the loser's dime.

The first four years cost Traci plenty, then my Bruins fell apart. Until last year, we haven't won a meeting since '98. We redeemed ourselves last year, and along with our new luck charm, Zack, (in his blue and gold) I had the the confidence to accept a new twist on our bet. The loser's family would don the winner's team garb and pose for picture, to become a Christmas postcard for the winners 'frig.


Well, this year Albert, Zack and I will be wearing cardinal and gold...oh well, there is always next year. (picture might make blog...we'll have to see)

1 comment:

Traci said...

I can't wait for my picture :)
FIGHT ON!